Testimonials from recent patients:
Google search "ceri-hughes.com" for most recent recommendations, but here is a selection:
had acute ulcers in my throat in 2016 that put me in hospital as they got so painful I couldn't drink. I had another episode in February 2019 I saw Ceris who was able to advise me what and why this was happening. Ceris prescribed me the medication if it happened again. Which it has at the start of this year but thanks to his advice I have only been off I'll for 1 week as apposed to the 3.5 weeks last year and the 5 weeks the year previous. I highly recommend Ceri. Philip L 2021
Out of 4 available consultants to perform my operation, Ceri was the one recommended by my Dentist. I had to have two lower impacted Wisdom Teeth removed, and I can say he was nothing short of excellent the whole time. Extremely professional, friendly, informative, always smiling, continually making you feel like you had been looked after. If I have to have my top two out I wont think twice about choosing him again! Cheers Ceri! Jan 2022
In January I was told by my dentist that I need to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted, she said I could either have them out one by one under local over a period of time or I could be referred to have them all surgically removed at the same time under general anaesthetic (one was impacted and posed a risk of nerve damage). Naturally I was very scared and anxious, especially considering I'd never had surgery of any kind, never been unconscious in my life and the extent of dental work I'd had up to that point was a small filling or two. After waiting several months to hear from the NHS and the dental hospital about getting treatment to no avail I figured I'd go down the private route as my teeth were causing me more and more problems the longer I waited (I had a huge cavity in one of the upper ones that was a source of more anxiety, although it did force me to keep my oral hygiene in tip top shape!). I found Ceri via Google and saw the sterling reviews and great praise he had received and immediately enquired via the Spire hospital. I am SO glad I did this, I was seen promptly and given a surgery date as soon as was possible given the huge demand for private dental work at the moment, this immediately gave me relief! The day of surgery couldn't have been any better, the service from both the Spire and Ceri was amazing and being put under actually turned out to be a good experience! I am several weeks into recovery now and all is well and I am truly living my best life without those peksy wisdom teeth! I very strongly recommend Ceri to anyone who is seeking surgical removal of wisdom teeth! Jack 2022
My experience with Ceri at the Bristol Spire hospital for the extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth was superb. He is not only highly qualified but personable and professional. His advice was balanced and clear and my post-operative recovery exceeded expectations. The level of care I received was excellent and I highly recommend Ceri as a consultant in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Ian H March 2022
Had a minor surgical procedure which went well and was uneventful. All was explained clearly by dr Hughes. Would go here again if needed. Kevin S April 2022
Many years ago Ceri removed a cyst from the left lower side of my face and I had no hesitation in referring myself again to Ceri for the removal of another cyst on the right upper side of my face. As before Ceri made the whole procedure go smoothly and again with care, attention and sensitivity. Bridgid C April 2022
"Ceri and his team are fantastic! I had four wisdom teeth removed, two were impacted. Prior to surgery Ceri was pragmatic, professional and reassuring - and best of all, I was able to make my appointment for surgery within a month. The procedure was quick and aftercare was wonderful, everything was explained to me and I was sent home with a recovery plan and pain relief. I had my post-op check up today, and my teeth have healed faster than I (and Ceri!) imagined and with no complications. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend! Thanks again." Sarah Taylor 2019
"I was referred to Ceri Hughes by my endocrinologist for a total thyroidectomy in February and was operated in March. I found Ceri to be a very professional, friendly and approachable consultant. The meeting before the operation was very useful - he explained to me well the procedure, potential complications, and expected recovery. I felt reassure I was in very good hands and as a result felt less nervous before the operation. The operation went smoothly - he did a great surgical job and I did not suffer from any complications (such as damage on the parathyroid glands and/or voice problem) and my scar is healing nicely. Diolch! Merci!" Sophie Varcin 2019
"I was recently referred to Ceri Hughes to check an unusual lump at the base of my tongue which my GP was concerned may be sinister. From start to finish I was totally reassured by the professionalism, clear explanation and detailed diagnosis I received from Mr Hughes. Fortunately the lump turned out to be benign. I would highly recommend Mr Hughes without hesitation." Frederick Tysoe September 2019
"I was treated by Ceri Hughes for a wisdom tooth extraction. Excellent care and attention throughout the entire process. No side effects or infections after the surgery and I recovered really quickly. Ceri has great bedside manner and really takes the time to ensure that you understand the risks of the procedure and your options. Highly recommend." Claire Yu Li Lim Oct 2019
"I had an ongoing problem with one of my salivary glands for over a year. I then decided to consult Ceri Hughes at Spire Hospital. In two appointments, Ceri reviewed my previous scans and suggested a surgery for the removal of a submandibular gland.
The surgery was conducted at Spire Hospital. Ceri and the team at Spire were very friendly and attentive throughout the procedure. I was well looked after both before and after the surgery.
Ceri is a very warm person and really took time to understand my problem. He gave excellent advice and explained all the risks. Would highly recommend Ceri!!!" Adhira Nagesh Jan 2020
"Would highly recommend Ceri Hughes !
Within minutes of seeing me and after confirmation from an X-ray, he noticed I had two impacted Wisdom Teeth. The teeth themselves were causing all sorts of issues such as dizziness and confusion so I was very keen to get them removed ASAP.
The whole process at Spire Hospital was very easy, the care and attention that all the staff gave was fantastic. The surgery was a complete success with no side affects which I was aware of. The Recovery took just over 2 weeks which was fantastic and I felt more like myself as each day passed.
Thanks again to Ceri and the team." Will Shortall Jan 2020
- "Out of 4 available consultants to perform my operation, Ceri was the one recommended by my Dentist. I had to have two lower impacted Wisdom Teeth removed, and I can say he was nothing short of excellent the whole time. Extremely professional, friendly, informative, always smiling, continually making you feel like you had been looked after. If I have to have my top two out I wont think twice about choosing him again!" Cheers Ceri!" Feb 2020
- "Ceri recently removed my 4 impacted wisdom teeth under general anaesthetic at the Spire Hospital. The surgery went extremely well and much better than I could ever have expected. I was also fortunate and experienced very little discomfort post surgery. From my pre-consultation, to the surgery and post surgery follow-up Ceri was extremely helpful, supportive and reassuring. Explaining very clearly each step of the process and what would happen and how I may feel. I would highly recommend Ceri if you're considering options for having wisdom teeth removed. The care also provided by the employees at the Spire Hospital is outstanding! Thanks again Ceri, wishing you all the best for the future." Rachel Wilkes Jan 2020
- "After having been to two hospitals, two doctors and a dentist, I finally ended up seeing Ceri Hughes who quickly diagnosed an issue with my sub-mandibular salivary gland which needed to be removed. A consultant / surgeon needs to generate trust and rapport with a patient and Ceri does this effortlessly. His advice was clear, his care excellent and as a surgeon his skills are first class. He is spoken of very highly by others in and around his field. Within a few weeks I'd had my operation and couldn't be happier with the results. Would highly recommend." David Lee Nov 2017
- "Flew to England from overseas especially to see Mr Hughes to resolve a long, traumatic and painful problem. So grateful to have found such a skilled surgeon who was able to answer all the questions (and there were many!) and determine a sensible course of action in order to fix the issue. Mr Hughes' skills as a surgeon certainly are superb - when you couple that with the personal care and attention he provides as well, you know you are in the best of hands. I highly recommend." LK September 2017
- "First rate experience - saved my life. I was seen by a Maxillofacial consultant, Mr Ceri Hughes. He diagnosed my cancer and organised my treatment. I was in hospital for just short of a week, where Mr Hughes and his Colleague Professor Stephen Thomas operated on me. Very swift service, very friendly, hospital is clean and the staff that dealt with me were all superb. Over the past 5 years I have been to the hospital over 40 times for regular check ups with Mr Hughes and over the years nothing has changed with the service or the standard of the hospital! I'm now cancer free thanks to Mr Hughes, Professor Stephen Thomas and the team that looked after me. I think that says it all really!" Will N (UK) March 2017
- "In June 2015 I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism despite having previously had a partial thryoidectomy (in 2000) for a nodular goitre. Before any consideration of further surgey it was necessary to pharmacologically treat the hyperthryoidism, unfortunately this resulted in serious liver complications, It therefore became a balancing act between the impact on my liver and reducing the thyroid levels sufficiently for safe surgery. The previous partial thryroidectomy also placed me at greater risk of complications during the surgery. Ceri Hughes was superb in explaining my options, the risks, and especially how to mitigate those risks - which inluded having an MRI scan to assess any scarring from the previous surgery. I was faced with a significant decision - whether to have surgery - or Iodine treatment, both of which had potential complications either for my liver or as a result of the previous surgery.However I always felt assured of the risks, Ceri listened to my concerns and was able to weigh up the alternatives as well as the contingency plans.I am delighted to say that the operation was a complete success, I am now on thyroxine replacement, have two small very neat scars on my neck - from each surgery - and had no compliactions at all after the surgery.Ceri's approach during consultaion, surgery and post op was always professional, honest and very human. I would recommend Ceri to anyone who has to undergo surgey of this kind. His skills as a surgeon are superb..."Sharon Baxter (UK) April 2017
- "I was referred to Mr Hughes following a fractured jaw. He both fixed the original break and several years later removed the fixation plates at my request. His surgery has been flawless, and, importantly for me, his counselling of the factors surrounding surgery was clear and sympathetic. I would unhesitatingly recommend Mr Hughes to anyone in need of surgery on their jaw..."TO (Germany) March 2017
- "From referral to diagnosis (of an oral carcinoma) Mr Hughes’s approach and that of his team was one of sympathetic understanding and the subsequent treatment and removal of the carcinoma was completely satisfactory.The post operative treatment and follow up appointments have been the same. Mr Hughes is a very knowledgeable professional in his field yet is very approachable and understanding.I have complete confidence in him and his team and have no hesitation in recommending him..."Jeff Griffiths (UK) April 2017
- "I randomly selected Ceri Hughes to remove an impacted wisdom tooth, and feel extremely lucky that he was the surgeon I chose. He was extremely kind in fitting my initial appointment and surgery at a convenient time for me, and at very short notice. More importantly, he was very reassuring throughout and completely put me at my ease. Thank you Ceri Hughes..."Sophie D (UK) June 2107
- "After various scans (including ultrasound and MRI), together with a biopsy, it was decided a thyroid lobectomy was required. Ceri Hughes walked through the process with me at each and every stage explaining all aspects very clearly, complete with pictures to aid understanding. This has significantly helped to make a difficult situation far easier to deal with.Thank you" Beverley Davies (UK) June 2017
- "Mr Ceri Hughes removed 2 impacted wisdom teeth for me, in March 2017. He was professional throughout yet reassuring, calling on his own experience of having this procedure when needed. The surgery was a quick and easy procedure - just what I wanted. Healing has been easier than expected, a testament to Mr Hughes's work. I would not hesitate to recommend him... " Edward Naish (UK) April 2017